CBR YouthConnect provides 24-hour, residential care customized to each youth’s needs, including psychotherapy, accredited education and vocational technology training. CBRYC specializes in building individual treatment partnerships with each youth and his family. The treatment philosophy is twofold:
- Begin treatment at each boy's level of readiness—emotionally, socially and behaviorally.
- Let the boy progress at his own pace.
The various components of treatment are implemented by a multi-disciplinary treatment team based on team diagnosis, problem solving and support. Team members include a psychiatrist, physician, Ph.D. psychologist, program director, social worker, teacher, recreational therapist nurse and mental health counselor.
CBR YouthConnect treatment programs and services are continually assessed and refined to ensure that they reflect the latest innovations based upon mental health research and findings. The following are a few of the therapy models employed by CBRYC:
- Individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Prescribed drug therapy
- Recreational/activity therapy
- Cognitive and behavioral therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Skill building approaches such as conflict resolution, aggression reduction, empathy training, etc.
- Contingency contracting therapy/Milieu therapy
- Client-centered therapy
- Systemic family therapy